The Moonkin Repository

Discussions, information and links to all things Moonkin
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:20 am

Post subject: T11 Moonkin PoV Kill Vids
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:12 pm  

Badgekin
pbguild: Midwinter
pblevel: 85

EDIT: HEROIC vids are in a new format with my voice-over commentary and strategy. Currently have Heroic Halfus, Conclave, Chimaeron, Maloriak, Atramedes, and Omnotron posted.

First time getting around to posting here but figured it would be a good place to collect the Moonkin PoV vids I build for those that haven't seen the fights yet. I hope these will be helpful to, not only let people see the fights, but also see them from the perspective of the role they will be playing. These are mostly first kill vids so everything is not perfect but they are done with generally good form and technique on my part. I am not perfect by any stretch but I am overall executing the fights well -- all of them are world top 100 boomkin dps marks at the time of kill, a few of them were top 10 at time of kill. I'm sure other's numbers and my own numbers will improve with gear as the weeks go on.

As an additional note, I did the normal mode videos with a mix of music and vent chatter. For the Heroic mode vids, I am going to be doing voice-over commentary on Moonkin strategy for the encounter. The first of those is Halfus and, so far, the commentary mode is being well received. Definitely give me feedback and I'll try to adjust and improve future vids. Anyway with that preface, here is the first set. All vids are recorded at 1920x1080 HD and are best viewed full-screen 1080p HD on Youtube:

Bastion of Twilight

Halfus Wyrmbreaker 25N

HEROIC Halfus Wyrmbreaker 25 with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Valiona and Theralion 25N

Twilight Council 25N

Cho'gall 25N

Blackwing Descent

Magmaw

HEROIC Omnitron Defense System with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Chimaeron 25N

HEROIC Chimaeron 25 with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Atramedes 25N

HEROIC Atramedes 25 with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

HEROIC Maloriak 25 with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Nefarian

Throne of the 4 Winds

Conclave of Wind

HEROIC Conclave of Wind - with Boomkin Commentary and Strategy

Al'Akir - pending

Baradin Hold

Argaloth

I'll look to keep this thread updated with the new arrivals and you can also always subscribe to my youtube channel at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Arythorn

Arythorn was the name of this druid two race changes ago when he was a nelf.

Happy Booming,

-Calc-

Last edited by Calculatéd on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: T11 Moonkin PoV Kill Vids
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:21 pm  
KFC

Calculated likes young boys! :3

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:38 pm  

Badgekin

Only my son . . . wait, that didn't come out right at all . . . /sigh

Also, post some vids -- I'd like to see what you're doing differently. Fair is fair.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:42 pm  
KFC

I'm pretty terrible with computers, but I'll give it a shot next time I get a chance to DPS. I'm stuck healing H Halfus right now. Wish I had recorded Omnitron this week, think I still have #1 :-D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:52 pm  

Badgekin

I believe you do. I need to get better at spotting the buffed ground zones on that fight. Even without that, I was doing fairly well on it this week until until I got targeted by the Flamethrower and healers failed to heal me through it -- which is why there is no vid for that fight. That said, I still wouldn't have broken 20k on that as I don't think I stood in a buffed zone once. I also need to get better about keeping dots on both active targets on that fight -- we were originally told not to do that as damage on the 50 energy one would temporarily be reflected to a tank or somesuch but apparently you can put them back up after a brief waiting period.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:32 pm  
KFC

Calculatéd wrote:
I need to get better at spotting the buffed ground zones on that fight.

No wonder you can't spot anything with that UI :lol: (j/k)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:37 pm  

Badgekin

Paradise wrote:
Calculatéd wrote:
I need to get better at spotting the buffed ground zones on that fight.

No wonder you can't spot anything with that UI :lol: (j/k)

Pfffft!!!

Kidding aside, all of that stuff at the bottom is in a viewport which means it doesn't cover any rendered game area. No swirly caster buffing game pixels hiding behind there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:49 pm  
KFC

Thanks for the vids, Calc! Could you give a rundown of your addons, specifically your dot timer/cool down visualization?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:08 pm  

Badgekin

major ones I'm using are:

BalancePowerTracker: that's the Eclipse bar
PowerAuras: all the dot, cooldown tracking, shooting stars proc tracking, trinket and haste effect tracking, etc.
ForteXorcist: cooldown bar with icons moving from one side to the other.
kgPanels: this is what I used to form the boxes at the bottom and around my power aura tracking
Grid: that's the raid frame I'm using bottom center
Recount: Damage meter section on bottom right
IceHUD: heads up display center screen with my health/mana and targets health/mana/range.
Bartender: you don't see it much because I hide or fade all my bars but that's where I do all my keybinds.
Pitbull: my unit frame and target frame
Viewporter: not something your really see but reformats my screen to render game data only above the bottom instrument panel (the black area).

Some other things like Prat for chat formatting, SexyMap for the map, etc., etc. but the ones above are the key ones that keep everything going. Worth noting that PowerAuras is pretty much a blank slate mod that lets you track anything so pretty much all I'm showing is customized, self-made auras.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:43 pm  
KFC

The ones I'm curious about, specifically, are the dot icons on the boss nameplates, and the really nice icons that are in a row just below your eclipse mod that show how many seconds are left on each dot + any spells/procs that are available. I don't think you listed those two, but if you did and it's just a customization that i don't know about in powerauras, let me know! Thanks a bunch!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:50 pm  

Badgekin

Oh, good point, forgot about the v-bar nameplate mod. That mod is the TidyPlates: Threat Plates.

You need the base mod: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... lates.aspx

and then Threat Plates: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... lates.aspx

It's a small matter to turn on dot tracking on those. I usually can't say enough about why using v-bars should be mandatory for raiding and about Threat Plates in particular and yet I forgot to list it.

The row below Eclipse bar is customized Power Auras: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... assic.aspx

That said, Power Auras has a nice Export / Import feature. If you get the mod, I can Export my aura strings and you can copy/paste Import them into your mod. At that point, most of the heavy lifting is done and you can use the mod to move the location of the auras, resize them to taste, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:15 pm  
KFC

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! Just got back from holiday, so if you could post the export info that would be great!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:06 pm  

Badgekin

Just import this set for all the auras in that kgpanel plus shooting stars proc midscreen. You can always turn of what you don't have (say berserking aura if you aren't troll) or don't use plus move them / resize them as necessary. At least most of the heavy lifting of setting them up is done. This set has moonfire/sunfire/insect swarm, nature's grace haste proc, starsurge cooldown, force of nature cooldown, innervate cooldown, darkmoon card:volcano (trinket) syanpse springs(engineering) and lightweave (tailoring) INT procs, as well as berserking(troll) and heart of ignacious trink haste procs.

You can always turn of what you don't have (say berserking aura if you aren't troll) or don't use plus move them / resize them as necessary. At least most of the heavy lifting of setting them up is done. Text to copy starts below:

Set=Page 3@
Aura[49]=Version:3.0.0W; target:true; icon:Spell_Nature_InsectSwarm; buffname:Insect Swarm; x:-20; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-191; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-166; timer.x:-27; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[50]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Ability_Druid_Starfall; buffname:Starfall; x:-165; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
Aura[51]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Spell_Arcane_Arcane03; buffname:Starsurge; x:-201; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; sound:23; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
Aura[52]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Spell_Nature_NaturesBlessing; buffname:Nature's Grace; x:-57; alpha:1; owntex:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-191; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:-64@
Aura[53]=Version:3.0.0W; target:true; icon:Ability_Mage_FireStarter; buffname:Sunfire; x:17; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-191; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:10; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[54]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Ability_Mage_ArcaneBarrage; buffname:Shooting Stars; x:-8; alpha:1; owntex:true; sound:23; PowerType:0; size:0.3; y:-37; timer.h:1.16; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-14; timer.x:-30@
Aura[55]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Ability_Druid_ForceofNature; buffname:Force of Nature; x:160; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
Aura[56]=Version:3.0.0W; icon:Spell_Nature_Lightning; buffname:Innervate; x:196; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190@
Aura[57]=Version:3.0.0W; target:true; icon:Spell_Nature_StarFall; buffname:Moonfire; x:17; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-191; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-166; timer.x:10; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[58]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Spell_Shaman_ElementalOath; buffname:Synapse Springs; begin:1; x:89; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-191; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:81; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[59]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Ability_Paladin_JudgementRed; buffname:Heart's Judgement; begin:1; x:53; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-191; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:45; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[60]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:4; icon:inv_misc_cat_trinket08; buffname:Heart of Ignacious; begin:1; x:279; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; alpha:1; owntex:true; sound:11; stacksOperator:=; off:true; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.4; y:-103; anim2:7@
Aura[61]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Racial_Troll_Berserk; buffname:Berserking; begin:1; x:-201; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:1; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-137; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-110; timer.x:-209; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[62]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Spell_Lightning_LightningBolt01; buffname:Volcanic Destruction; begin:1; x:-93; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:-100; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[63]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Ability_Paladin_SacredCleansing; buffname:Power Torrent; begin:1; x:-129; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:-137; timer.UseOwnColor:true@
Aura[64]=Version:3.0.0W; anim1:2; icon:Spell_Arcane_PrismaticCloak; buffname:Lightweave; begin:1; x:124; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; alpha:0.8; owntex:true; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.13; y:-190; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-165; timer.x:117; timer.UseOwnColor:true@

Last edited by Calculatéd on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:08 am  

Badgekin

Updated with Magmaw and Argaloth videos.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:32 am  

Badgekin

added Conclave of the Wind. Got a world #11 on it -- felt good.

Profile E-mail